CSC Votes 2021: Kelly Sawatzky Elected as Vice President
April 21, 2021 | By Administrator
Kelly Sawatzky, RSW, CSP is a specification writer who started in the industry over 25 years ago. Originally from Alberta, she made the move to BC in 2005. Prior to her work as Specifications Writer at Office of Mcfarlane Biggar in Vancouver, she managed her own consulting business for over ten years.
A grateful beneficiary of the mentorship and education provided by CSC members, Kelly continues to promote mentorship as a way of supporting new members in the Association. She earned her RSW and CSP designations in 2011. She is also thankful for being able to attend many conferences across the country for the top-notch education, the opportunity to learn about new products through the Connections Café, and, of course, the friendships.
Over the years, Kelly volunteered with the CSC organization in the following capacities:
- Vancouver Chapter Director on the board of CSC for Canada
- Vancouver Chapter Chair, Specification Officer, Newsletter Editor and Liaison to the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), Program Advisory Committee.
- Co-Chair of the Technical Program for Conference 2017 in Kelowna
- Served on the Tek-Aid Subcommittee
- Team Lead and Co-Chair for OmniclassTM
- Reviewed CTR Registrations
Kelly has also taught Specifier 2 and authored a previous version of the Specifier Course.
Please join us in welcoming Kelly to the Executive Council.